Please read the "Board-wide Policies (née The Rules)" and become familiar with it:
This document is designed to clarify various responsibilities of community members here at TheBohs.com. Please read it and become familiar with it, it's terms are retroactive and agreed by team and group members.
1. Posts are to be made in the relevant forum. Users are asked to read the forum descriptions before posting. Users consistently posting to the wrong forum may be given a warning (see policing below).
2. Members should post in a way that is respectful of other users. Flaming or abusing users in any way will not be tolerated and will lead to a warning. Racist, sexist, sectarian or homophibic posts will not be tolerated.
3. Members are asked to not act as "back seat moderators". If members note an issue which contravenes something in this policy document they are welcome to bring it to the attention of a member of the Moderator Team, by clicking the 'report post' icon to the bottom right of the message, and including a brief description of the reason for complaint. Do not respond to such topics yourself. DO NOT post on the forum asking for a post or thread to be deleted. Members who consistenly "act" as moderators may be warned.
4. Members should remember this board is aimed at a general audience. Posting pornographic or generally offensive text, images, links, etc. will not be tolerated.
5. Members are asked to respect the copyright of other users, sites, media, etc.
6. Members should post in a way which is consistent with "normal writing". That is users should not post excessive numbers of emoticons, large, small or coloured text, etc. Similarly users should not SHOUT or use excessive punctuation (e.g. ! and ?) in topic titles or posts. Users consistently abusing this will be warned. Text speak is not acceptable.
7. Spam is not tolerated here under any circumstance.
8. No selling or advertising is allowed without the permission of the forum administrators.
9. The moderating, support and other teams reserve the right to edit or remove any post at any time. The determination of what is construed as spam, etc. as noted in these points is up to Team Members and not users. Any users who feel strongly that moderation was wrongly implemented should contact the moderators by PM to Moderator or email to firstname.lastname@example.org
, rather than posting in the thread. DO NOT start threads to complain about moderating.
10. The above forum rules where applicable also apply to private messaging. Abuse of the private messaging system may lead to warnings (as above) and/or the revokation of private messaging.
11. Deliberate bumping, particularly of trivial posts, merely to keep that post near the top of the forum,is not acceptable. Any such posts (which include posting just smileys) will be deleted without notification or explanation. The same goes for posts made just to increase the user's post count, or ranking.
12. Trolling and following posters around, specifically to pick fights, abuse or flame arguments will not be tolerated and will result in a warning.
13. Sticky posts. Making a post a sticky is at the discretion of the moderators. Stickies are for important posts that we feel should be read by forum users. Posts may be made a sticky for between 1-7 days. In the case of an event or closing date a thread/post may be made a sticky for up to three days again before the date. Users should request a post be made a sticky by sending a PM to the moderator team. DO NOT request a post be made sticky by posting the request in the topic.
14. Our (very) few word censors are there for good reason. Attempts to circumvent the word censors will result in a warning.
15. Selling stuff is not allowed unless the money is going to Bohemian FC, or a charity, and by agreement with the administrators of the forum. Concert tickets can be sold, by prior agreement with admins, provided they are for sale for face value or less, and all sales done in public (i.e. not by PM) so that all deals are transparent.
1. Signatures may contain up to five lines (one line being that displayed on a browser opened to 800px width) of text (of small or normal size) and/or one image, valid combinations include; a single image of no more than 60px high, 468px wide and 6kB (6000 Bytes) in size. Signatures containing an image this large may also include one line of small size text. Signatures containing an image of 30px high may include up to three lines of small size text or two lines of normal size text. Images of 15px height or less may allow up to three lines of normal size text or four lines of small size text. Animated images are not allowed.
2. Text sizes should be between 9 and 12 (small and normal). Text in signatures is subject to the same conditions as posts with respect decency, warez, emoticons, and so forth.
3. Links in signatures are permitted to a maximum of four unique pages or sites. You may not link to warez, porn or political, racist or other similar hate sites. Links are included in signature size limits.
4. Users abusing these rules will be warned.
1. User defined avatars are to be no larger than 125 pixels square, contain no animation, contain no image which attempts to portray the user as having an official status here (e.g. mimiking ranks or copying avatars of team members).
2. Avatars are subject to the same conditions as posts with respect decency, and so forth.
3. Users abusing these rules will be warned and/or may lose their avatar privileges.
1. We intend operating a three strike policy. Users will be warned a maximum of three times for any and all offences in a three month period. If the need arises for a third warning a temporary ban will be put in place of between 1 to 7 days.
2. Arguing with team members after having received a warning will lead to an immediate additional warning. Should this exceed three strikes a temporary ban will be put in place as above.
3. Users who feel they have been unfairly warned are welcome to contact the relevant Moderator or Administrator. If they feel you were treated badly they remove a warning. If you feel their decision is also unfair you may contact a Site Admin. Their decision is final. Contacting group members over warning matters should be done so as a very last resort.
4. Any attempt to circumvent a temporary ban will lead to that ban being made permanent. Circumvention includes re-registering under a non-banned username, changing IP addresses to evade an IP ban, registering a new email account of evade an email ban. Circumvention includes posting as an anonymous user.
5. An exception to the three strike rule applies when users contact team members personally (via any method) and post insulting, indecent or vulgar material. Such users may be subject to an immediate permanent ban.
6. Permanent bans are a last resort and thought is given before implementing them. While we may consider lifting permanent bans from time to time this will be a rare occurence.
All messages made available as part of this website (including any bulletin boards and chat rooms) and any opinions, advice, statements or other information contained in any messages posted or transmitted by any third party are the responsibility of the author of that message and not of thebohs.com (thebohs.com including the domain owners, site admins and moderators). The fact that a particular message is posted on or transmitted using this thebohs.com website does not mean that thebohs.com has endorsed that message in any way or verified the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any message. We encourage visitors to the forum to report any objectionable message using the inbuilt reporting button (available on every post). This forum is not monitored 24/7.